Did anything come out of our collaboration using the Xbox game viva piñata yes it did!
A recent Visit From Ewan McIntosh Reminded me of some key factors
- A shared interest or goal makes for a good opportunity to share: blogs and information. It creates that purpose for communication
- Problems often require communication to solve: a puzzle is a good place to start a collaboration
- When you are describing something new and dynamic you can’t rely on others you have a unique experience to describe
- The imaginary world of games reflects the real world, presenting lots of opportunity to think and bring ideas together
Next Term a Syndicate at school has decided to put an Xbox in each class and use them for Creative Writing. I am excited by the prospect of this an hope that I can be involved in some way. Will blog about this as it takes place.
- There is still a lot of reluctance to recognise the
potentialof Games in Learning
- Viva la revolution