Monday, April 27, 2009

Reason 1 Why we are moving to the cloud?

Who Wants to manage servers?

What's the purpose of managing these?

If they can't be accessed in anywhere anytime are they still of value?

The bubble share shows one medium sized schools infrastructure and we have invested many hours keeping this going.

Educational fibre loops and external providers should reduce this need.


We have moved 1 server from the rack which is the big hole at the bottom.


How do we escape? Step 1 google docs

BubbleShare: Share photos - Play some Online Games.


2 comments:

Pete Hall said...

I've got all my kids using Google Docs as their primary storage and workspace. I make templates for them in my account and share them to their own account. SO much better than endless software hassles. It's ugly too, which I like. I reckon if it's good writing it's good however it looks!

Dave Winter said...

That is a compelling thought about the content taking preference over form. It reminds me of kids and powerpoint when they have everything flying in and little informational message.